Frequently Asked Questions
What is a snuggle puppy and how does it help relieve my dog's anxiety?
Whether they’re new to the family, or perhaps just going through a tough time, the snuggle puppy has been designed to provide comfort and help to relieve anxiety for your four-legged friend. Whatever the case, whether crate training, fireworks, or perhaps a thunderstorm, rest assured the snuggle puppy will be there to help. Once your pet bonds with their snuggle puppy, you will find they will seek them out for comfort-even at times when you may not be able to be home.
You may be asking yourself, "How does it do that!"? Well, it does so by simulating the same sense of security your puppy had when lying on their mother with their litter-mates. If you've ever witnessed a litter sleeping or lying together, you know how peaceful they look all cuddled up. The snuggle puppy duplicates the sounds they hear and warmth by using the "real-feel" pulsing heartbeat and heat pack. Pretty smart, right? To make sure you are getting the most out of the snuggle puppy, please follow the instructions in the next question.
How do I operate the snuggle puppy?
Remember, the snuggle puppy is not a toy. It is a companion for your pet and a solution for you. You may want to spend some time introducing the snuggle puppy to your pet to help them bond. If you find your pet chewing on the snuggle puppy, simply remove it for an hour or so, set it out of reach, and then re-introduce it to your pet again. You will find they will make the distinction and bond quickly.
Follow these instructions activate the "real-feel" pulsing heartbeat and get the most out of your new snuggle puppy:
- Remove the plastic tab to activate the enclosed batteries
- Press and hold the button once to turn on the heartbeat for 8 hours.
- Press and hold the button for 5 seconds to turn on the heartbeat for 24-hour continuous use
- Your snuggle puppy will operate in run mode for about two weeks, 24/7 before needing to replace the batteries
- To replace the batteries, simply remove the plastic cover and replace the two "AAA” batteries. Please dispose of the "used" batteries responsibly
- Place the heartbeat into the Velcro pocket on the underside of the snuggle puppy (Also, don't forget to remove the heartbeat prior to washing!)
- Simply hold the button on the heart again for 3-5 seconds to turn the heartbeat off
If you choose to use a disposable heat pack:
- Simply open the package; this will begin the heating process. (It typically lasts up to 24 hours)
- Place the pack (with or without the pulsing heart) into the underside Velcro pocket
- If you do not wish to use it for 24 hours, simply seal it in a plastic bag and squeeze out the air to stop the heating process
- The average temperature of the heat packs is 126F-144F
That's it! It's that simple to get up and running. To purchase additional heat packs, click here.
When I press the on button, the heartbeat beats for 30 seconds then stops. What do I do?
Chances are, your heartbeat is most likely in the “preview” mode. For proper functionality, you should press and hold the button once to turn on the heartbeat for 8 hours. Press and hold for 5 seconds to turn the heartbeat on for 24-hour continuous use. You will also need to press and hold for 5 seconds to turn it off. The batteries (2 – AAA) will last about 2 weeks if you let it run continuously. If you are having additional problems, please call us at 800-463-4107 and we will be happy to assist you.
Where does the snuggle puppy work best?
The snuggle puppy works best when placed in a crate with your new puppy during crate training.
Is the snuggle puppy machine washable?
Yes, it is! Your snuggle puppy is machine washable on gentle cycle using mild detergent. You will also want to air dry the snuggle puppy. Please refrain from using fabric softener as it can degrade the Velcro. Don’t forget to remove the heartbeat and heat pack prior to washing!
Is it safe to put the heat pack and heartbeat together in the snuggle puppy?
Yes, it is. The snuggle puppy is designed to hold both the heartbeat and heat pack together. There is not enough heat to cause any issues.
What do I do if my dog ingests contents of the heat pack?
Always closely monitor your dog when he/she is using the snuggle puppy and don’t leave them unattended. While the ingredients in the heat pack are non-toxic, there is always the potential that your dog could get an obstruction from ingesting any foreign material. If your dog accidentally ingests the material, please reach out to your vet and closely monitor your dog for any abnormal behavior.
My dog chewed one of the tender-tuffs. I thought they were indestructible?
We are sorry to hear that your dog chewed their tender-tuffs toy. The tender-tuffs do hold up better than your average plush toy because of the TearBlok Technology they are made out of. Your dog can play longer with a tender-tuffs than a normal plush toy. That being said, the tender-tuffs are intended for rough play, but are not meant as a chew toy. Sometimes, a dog can still get into any kind of toy if they are determined enough. If you see your dog chewing their tender-tuffs, we recommend taking the toy away from your dog, say “no chew,” and reintroduce the toy to your dog about 20 minutes later. Keep repeating this until your dog understands the toys are their “friends” and that chewing is not allowed.
How do I add water to the puppy teething aid?
- Hold the teething aid under running water with the massaging teeth facing down. There are a series of holes allowing the teething aid to be filled with water. Please keep in mind that the teething aid only takes less than one ounce of water.
- Once the teething aid has been filled with water, simply place in the freezer for 30 minutes to fully freeze.
- Another option is to submerge the puppy teething aid in a bowl of water. Once submerged, squeeze the teething aid to remove the air and release. This will act as a suction and suck water into the teething aid.
Is the puppy teething aid safe for my pet?
The puppy teething aid is BPA free. It is not harmful to kids or other pets.
Is the puppy teething aid dishwasher friendly?
Yes, it is! Make sure you place the puppy teething aid on the top rack and flush it with warm water and a 5% bleach solution. You will also want to make sure you rinse the teething aid thoroughly before adding water, freezing, and giving to your puppy.